Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ballet with Sullivan



This is where I train.

I woke up at 7 am making breakfast and packing my bag for today's class, nothing special. Walking into Ballet and shadowing behind the front line of New York City Ballet professionals (yes I train amongst them) all I could think about was getting some gatorade in me, I needed to wake up. As we warmed up, Assembléd and Battement sur le cou-de-pied time crawled by. I was not feeling good, having slept on the couch for 6 hours the previous night due to renovations in the house I just wanted the day to end. When the one and a half hours were up, Sullivan quickly came up to me and pulled me aside, she said


"Jonathan, you have to stay tuned in. You're very talented and from now on i want you on the same line as the NYC ballet."


FRONT LINE! I could not believe it, i had to take a second for my mind to process what i had just heard but that made my day! 

-Ballerhino

No comments:

Post a Comment